FEATURES of the Pure Range
FEATURES of the SPARKLE range
- Independently tested by OWS Belgium, to ISO14851 Fresh Water Biodegradability and proven to biodegrade highly in the natural environment
- 87% biodegradation achieved in 28 days. Only 3% off meeting the performance criteria required for certification. As we remove the last of the plastic, biodegradability performance will increase allowing us to achieve our certification goal.
- Already 92% plastic free and we are working to remove the last bit of plastic to become totally plastic free. This will improve the biodegradability performance, allowing Cosmetic Bioglitter® SPARKLE to become certified as Cosmetic Bioglitter® PURE is already.
- Glitter core based on a special modified regenerated cellulose technology unique to Bioglitter® derived from ethically and sustainably sourced raw materials
- Antimony free
- Silky soft feel on skin compared to polyester glitter
- Sparkly and indistinguishable from polyester based glitter
- GMO free
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and allergen free
- Globally cosmetic compliant including EC regulation 1223/2009 and FDA Title 21 Cosmetic Regulations
WHAT IS BIO GLITTER?
Cosmetic Bio-glitter® is a glitter produced from a special biodegradable film that is certified compostable and sustainable sourced. It does not contain genetically modified materials or materials obtained from genetically modified organisms. Cosmetic Bio-glitter® offers the same precision cut and highly reflective properties as cosmetic polyester (PET) glitter.
WHAT IS BIO GLITTER MADE FROM?
Primarily eucalyptus trees. Cosmetic Bio-glitter® is made from a special biodegradable film derived from sustainable and environmentally sourced wood pulp, produced and harvested to FSC® standards.
IS BIO GLITTER HOLOGRAPHIC?
No. The film needed to make glitter holographic will not biodegrade in a natural environment.
IS BIO GLITTER IRIDESCENT?
Yes Bio-glitter® pure has a soft focus iridescent effect and is guaranteed to biodegrade in a natural, fresh water environment.
DOES BIO GLITTER COME IN DIFFERENT SHAPES?
No Bio-glitter® only comes in a hexagonal shape.
So if its in the shape of a heart, circle, star, moon or anything else it is not actual
HAS ANIMAL TESTING BEEN USED IN THE DEVELOPMENT, OR PRODUCTION OF BIO GLITTER
No, nor are any third parties contracted to undertake any animal testing.
WILL BIO GLITTER DISSOLVE IN WATER?
No, micro-organisms are needed to digest Bio-glitter®.
WHAT CONDITIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR BIODEGRADATION TO OCCUR?
Heat, water and oxygen are required for effective biodegradation by microorganisms. Bio-glitter® is metabolised by micro-organisms which transforms it into carbon dioxide, water and biomass.
WILL BIO GLITTER BIODEGRADE ON THE SHELF?
Cosmetic Bio-glitter® is very stable and will not biodegrade on the shelf. Biodegradation will only be initiated in a soil, compost or waste-water environments where micro-organisms are present.
WHAT OFFICIAL STANDARDS ARE USED TO TEST FOR COMPOSTABILITY?
The European (EN13432) and American (ASTM D6400) standards define the tests required to demonstrate the compostability of a material. Other countries have their own version although there is an ISO standard (ISO 17088:2012(en)) which should allow for harmonisation.
There are four main parts to the test:
- Material characterisation
- including heavy metals
- measures the breakdown to carbon dioxide, water and biomass. Requirement is for >90% biodegradation in 180 days, or >60% for ASTM D6400
- the material must physically break down into pieces to give >90% at <2mm residues within 90 days
- ensures no toxic material is produced which can adversely affect plant growth
The standards measure suitability for industrial composting. For home compostability, the same criteria must be met but under ambient conditions, according to the OK Compost Home Standard.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR BIO GLITTER TO BIODEGRADE?
Rate of biodegradation is dependent upon composting conditions. Like a leaf in a swamp Vs a leaf in the desert.
WILL BIO GLITTER DISSOLVE IN SEA WATER?
The biodegradable film used in Cosmetic Bio-glitter® biodegrades in sea water in accordance with the standard ASTM D7081-05.
DOES BIO GLITTER CONTAIN GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMO)?
No ‘genetically modified materials’ are used in the production process and based on information from our Suppliers none of the materials used to formulate Cosmetic Bio-glitter® are obtained from GMO’s.
CAN BIO GLITTER BE RECYCLED WITH PAPER OR BOARD?
It can be successfully recycled with carton-board but not currently recommended for mechanical recycling with paper
CAN BIO GLITTER BE INCINERATED?
IS BIO GLITTER RECOMMENDED FOR VEGANS?
IS BIO GLITTER FREE OF THE 14 MOST COMMON FOOD ALLERGENS?
DOES BIO GLITTER CONTAIN NANO PARTICLES?
No, not even in the Black Bio-glitter®. The D&C Black 2 pigment we use has been carefully selected and is non-nanoform
DOES BIO GLITTER CONTAIN ANY CMR ( CARCINOGENIC, MUYAGENIC OR TOXIC) INGREDIENTS?
SO MANY QUESTIONS
NOW YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS
GO AHEAD AND SPARKLE GUILT FREE BABY
THE GLITTER TRIBE
IS THERE A QUESTION WE HAVE NOT ANSWERED?
EMAIL US email@example.com